Sunday, January 4, 2009

Blues Traveler at State Theater, New Brunswick, NJ (05/01/1995)


God Street Wine probably opened. Sara probably went with me. (Later in 1995, I went to see Sonic Youth play at Roseland. Before we boarded the bus, we had to go pick up a friend from a house off campus. While there, another friend handed me the God Street Wine CDs I had lent him a few weeks earlier. I packed them in my backpack and off we went. After arriving at the Roseland, I checked my bag, which now included t-shirts that friends had just bought, in addition to a few Sony Walkmans and mixed tapes. After the show ended, the coat check workers were unable to present my bag. Roseland eventually paid me about $250 for everything that I lost. I swore after that day never to return, even if the Pixies were to reunite and play there. When the Pixies announced they would be touring again in 2004, I thought I would have to eat my words. Luckily, they played the Hammerstein. And that's the story of how I lost every God Street Wine CD I ever owned.)

No comments:

Post a Comment