Saturday, December 27, 2008

H.O.R.D.E. at Garden State Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ (8/5/1993)


I think this might have been the first summer of the H.O.R.D.E. tour (or was it a "festival"?). I don't know what H.O.R.D.E. stands for, so don't ask. If I remember correctly, Big Head Todd and the Monsters, Widespread Panic, God Street Wine, The Samples and some other hippie bands played. Oh shiitake, this is the show that I saw Dave Matthews play! His band was one of the first acts of the day, I kid you not! (I never had dreads, nor owned a hacky sack, fyi.)

3 comments:

  1. You don't have to admit things like this, you know. It's OK to keep some secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to feel close to everyone. I want them to know where I come from. No secrets. (Stop being a douche, JDas.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was at this concert. i remember that ticket that used to be next to my stereo where i kept tickets of shows... garden state arts center was an awesome place to see a show. i saw this "festival" sitting on the top, where the grass was. the ampitheater is below, which made for great sound. this was the summer following my freshman year at college and i think blues traveller was the last act, but spin doctors were big billing as well. i was psyched for big head todd and an allman brothers tribute band called all-good. hhahahahahaha, good times indeed!

    ReplyDelete